Wednesday 9 April 2014

Woman Nabbed By NDLEA With 686g Of Cocaine Concealed In Her Privates

suspect
A food vendor, who allegedly inserted 685 grammes of cocaine in her private part, has been arrested by officials of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLEA at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Ikeja, as she attempted to beat security operatives.

The suspect identified as Chinelo Okorom Lynnette, 36, was arrested during an inward screening of passengers on an Ethiopian Airline flight from Addis Ababa, Ethiopia to Nigeria.
NDLEA Head of Public Affairs, Mitchell Ofoyeju, who made the disclosure, yesterday, said the suspect concealed the drugs in a cellophane bag before inserting it into her private part and ingested some.

“The suspect tested positive for drug ingestion and vaginal insertion. She, however, expelled a total of 685 grammes of substance that tested positive for cocaine while under observation at the airport.”
However, the suspect, reportedly told NDLEA officials at the Airport Command headed by Mr Hamza Umar that she was deceived into the illicit business out of frustration by her landlord, following her in ability to pay her rent.

“My husband abandoned me with four children two years ago. Since then, I have been working hard to pay their school fees and also ensure their proper upkeep. I sell food at Ajagbandi to take care of my children.

“When my rent expired, I had no money to renew it. My landlord ejected us and I had nowhere to go with the children or who to talk to. I was crying like a baby when a man came to console me.
“He told me to wipe my tears and promised to introduce me to importation business. I felt he was God-sent when he sponsored my trip to Addis Ababa. Before leaving, he said I was to go into importation of female hand bags.

“But when I got to Ethiopia, he told me to take cocaine to Nigeria. Initially, I disagreed but he threatened to recover his investment at all cost. I am just a victim of man’s cruelty to man.”
NDLEA Chairman, Ahmadu Giade, said the arrest was made by the eagle-eye operatives at the airport, who are familiar with different antics used by drug traffickers.

“Going to Addis Ababa to smuggle cocaine into Nigeria is one of the tricks employed by drug trafficking syndicates. Cocaine is not known to come from Addis but we were able to detect it because of our vigilance.

“We are prepared to counter activities of drug kingpins and bring them to justice. We look forward to fruitful progress in our investigation.”

He described the suspect’s action as shameful.

No comments:

Post a Comment