Monday 24 June 2013

Dear LIB readers: I love my fiance but I hate his family

 


From a female LIB reader

I am engaged to a really nice man but I'm thinking of calling off the engagement because I hate his family. He's from one of the prominent rich families in Lagos and they are of the worst breed. 

They are controlling, they don't mind their business, they tell their children what to do, they make their decisions for them and their matriarch is the opinion of the family. 

Nobody dares question her decisions or argues with her. 

My fiance's sister told me I have to quit my job after I marry into their family.

My future mother-in-law has summoned my father to her home on several occasions, asking him the most belittling questions. She even had their family doctor examine me, and the doctor asked me how many men I've been with in the past and if I've ever had an abortion. 

Duh! They question every thing you do, even the clothes you wear. I'm not yet married into this family and I'm already having panic attacks. I really love this guy but I don't think I can deal with his family. 

They plan to completely clip my wings once I marry their son and I don't think that's the life I want. Should I walk away or is there a way to handle such a family if I go ahead with the wedding?

 Please help me.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment