Wednesday 5 March 2014

Police Arrests 13 Members Of "Eiye" Confraternity During Initiation Ceremony

The Lagos State Police Command, yesterday, paraded 13 suspected cultists who were said to have converged from different parts of the state at a hotel recently.

Parading the suspects, state Commissioner of Police, CP Umar Manko said: "On March 1, 2014 at about 3:55 a.m. upon a distress call received by the Divisional Police Officer, DPO, Ilasan Division, Lekki, Lagos, it was discovered that a group of cultists were converging on a hotel situated at Igbokosun, Lagos and were about to perpetrate some evil.
 

"Among the suspects paraded were: Ayomipo Sunny, Rilwan Saludeen, Tosin Jacob, Suleiman Abolaji, Babatunde Fashola, James Imeh, Olumide Tosin, Kola Abanikanda, Ibrahim Sikiru, Adedeji Adekunle and Ogunsola Oladimeji.

"Based on this information, a team of policemen, led by the DPO, CSP Gbenga Olurunfemi, proceeded to the scene. On sighting the policemen, they took to their heels.

"They were subsequently chased and 13 of them wearing T-shirts bearing Supremost Eiye Confraternity inscription were arrested.

"Further investigation revealed that the celebration was the birthday of a member who has just been initiated into the cult.

"However, members were said to have come from Ogun State, Bariga, and Ajah for the ceremony.

"The following items were recovered at the scene of the crime: a set of sound system, various mobile phones, two Vanagon buses with number plate AAA 265 XJ, APP 198 XJ and one Infinity SUV with number plate EPE 505 MD. The case was later transferred to SCID Yaba for investigation and report."

Suspects' accounts
"My name is Ogunshola Olademeji, I am a waiter at Blue Fish Restaurant. I closed from work at about 11: 30 pm.

"It was on my way from Victoria Island that I decided to relax which was why I stopped at the hotel.

"I was at the bar trying to enjoy myself in the morning between 2 am and 3am. I didn't know these people but when I came there I noticed that they were celebrating.

"I was inside the bar but the others were in an open field  inside the hotel premises. I live in West Coast area in Jakande."

Adedayo Ojomo: "Usually after I close from work I go to the hotel to relax. It is my usual style. On that fateful day, after I had finished work I went there, and I met some guys there.

"They bought drinks for me, I also bought for them too. But I didn't know they were cultists.
They told me that they wanted to have a party, saying they had branded T-shirts and it costs N2,500 each and I showed interest.

"The next Friday, as I got there I wore another dress but they gave me the T-shirt and I wore it.
I sat down with them; they served us food, and drinks and we ate. The next thing I saw was policemen everywhere and they started shooting.

"Because I didn't know anything I refused to run. That was how I was arrested by the police."

Crying profusely, Ojomo said he has a wife and two children.

No comments:

Post a Comment