Tuesday 18 March 2014

PATHETIC! Wanted Gangster Kills Man In Front Of His 3-Year-Old Daughter

A 28-year-old gangster, Adigun Oriyomi, who was declared wanted by the Lagos State Police Command in January, has been accused of murder.
He was accused of killing a 32-year-old man, Oluwafemi Adekeye, on Isa Street in the Aboru, Ipaja area of Lagos State.

According to the police, the suspect, who is also known as Muda, allegedly killed Oluwafemi in the presence of his three-year-old daughter.

The deceased's daughter said, "I saw Ife's daddy (Oriyomi) in our house and he pointed a gun at my daddy and I was begging him not to kill my daddy, but he (Adigun) shot my daddy and ran away."
The wife of the deceased, Oluwakemi, who reported the matter at the Oke Odo Police Division, told policemen that the incident occurred on February 12, 2014.

Oluwakemi said the suspect and her husband were friends prior to the incident, adding that even their children were also friends.

She said, "I am a 25-year-old hairdresser. Around 11pm on the said date, I was making hair for a customer in front of the house when my husband returned. He said he was hungry so I stepped out to get him food. On my way, I saw Adigun (Oriyomi) in a vehicle.

"He called me and pointed a gun at me. I wondered what was wrong because he was a family friend. He asked if my husband was at home but I said no. When he probed further, I told him the truth, so he ordered me to stay outside, went inside the house and later, I heard gunshots.
"He came out to where I was standing, and said, 'Tell Oyibo that I have killed your husband'.
It was also learnt that policemen attached to the station stormed the suspect's home in Aboru area, but he had fled.

"When we got to the house, we saw his family portrait and other items. We have reason to believe that he has relocated with his family because his neighbours had not seen them in a while," a police source said.

The police source stated that investigations revealed that the deceased used to be a gangster, but had cut all ties with Oriyomi, causing friction between them.


Our correspondent had reported on September 9, 2013 that Oriyomi was arrested by the Area D Command.


The suspect in his statement had confessed that he was a member of the Black Axe confraternity and owned up to four murders between 2010 and 2013.
He was subsequently brought before Mrs Y.B Okusanya-Badejo of an Ebute Meta Magistrate's court and remanded in prison pending advice from the Directorate of Public Prosecutions.

The six counts read in part, "That you, Adigun Oriyomi, and others at large, on August 30, 2013, at about 0045hrs, at Martins Street, by Akinyemi Junction, Mushin, Lagos, in the Lagos Magisterial District, did conspire among yourselves to commit felony, to wit; murder and thereby committed an offence punishable under Section 231 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, Nigeria, 2011.

"That you, Adigun Oriyomi, and others at large, on 30 July, 2013 at about 2130hrs, at 43, Ikorodu Road, Jibowu, Lagos in the Lagos Magisterial District, did attempt to unlawfully kill one Fatai Maja, by shooting him with a gun in the leg and thereby committed an offence punishable under Section 228 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, Nigeria, 2011."

It was also learnt that less than three months after his remand, Oriyomi was released under controversial circumstances.

Police Public Relations Officer, Ngozi Braide, confirmed the murder of Oluwafemi.
She added, "The suspect has been declared wanted and all efforts are on to arrest him."


Source: Punch Newspapers

No comments:

Post a Comment